If you’re new to sweepstakes casinos, you may be confused about how they work and how you can win real cash and other prizes. Learn everything you need to know about sweepstakes gambling and see why it’s taking the US by storm.
- Sweepstakes Casino Gambling
- What are Sweepstakes Casinos?
- Sweepstakes Coins vs Gold Coins - What’s the Difference?
- Redeeming Sweepstakes Coins for Real Cash Prizes
- 5 Features of a Top Sweepstakes Casino
- Sweepstakes Gambling on Mobile
- Sweepstakes Gambling Explained – FAQs
Sweepstakes Casino Gambling
What are Sweepstakes Casinos?
Real Money Casinos
- Players deposit US dollars to play online slots, table games, video poker, and live casino games.
- The balance in your account is shown in USD.
- Withdrawals are made to your bank account or other chosen payment option.
- Real-money online casinos are only legal in six US states (NJ, PA, MI, WV, CO, and DE).
- Use an on-platform currency, usually called gold coins.
- Players receive free gold coins through daily bonuses and promotions, meaning you never have to make a purchase to play at these sites.
- Among the games are slots, video poker, and keno. Only one pure social casino offers live dealer games.
- You cannot withdraw gold coins. All games are purely for fun.
- Social casinos are available in nearly all US states, barring a few exceptions.
- These use two on-platform currencies, usually called gold coins and sweepstakes coins.
- Gold coins serve the same purpose as social casinos. They have no real-world value and can only be used to play for fun.
- Sweepstakes coins are used to play (the same games) in ‘promotional mode’.
- Among the games are slots, video poker, table games, bingo, and keno. Only a few sweepstakes casinos offer live dealer games.
- Players get free gold coins and sweepstakes coins through daily bonuses and promotions, so no purchase is necessary to play.
- However, coin packs can be purchased (optional).
- Winnings from play with sweepstakes coins can be redeemed in the form of cash prizes.
- Redemptions mean converting sweepstakes coins to a cash prize via bank transfer or another payment option.
- Sweepstakes casinos are available in nearly all US states, barring a few exceptions.
Sweepstakes Coins vs Gold Coins - What’s the Difference?
- Sign up bonuses
- Daily login bonuses
- Social media promotions
- On-site prize draws and raffles
- Registration/Sign Up bonuses
- Daily login bonuses
- Social media competitions and promotions
- Email promotions
- On-site contests, such as random prize draws
- Postal requests
- As a gift when players purchase gold coins
Redeeming Sweepstakes Coins for Real Cash Prizes
|Brand||SC Wagering Requirements|
5 Features of a Top Sweepstakes Casino
- Find a sweepstakes casino that offers a wide range of game types. You should always find something to keep you entertained.
- Take note of the bonuses and promotions on offer. Will you easily get your hands on free gold or coins? These should be available on a regular basis.
- Is there a loyalty program that catches your eye? Many sweepstakes casinos have loyalty or VIP programs available to keep you rewarded.
- Look for good customer service. 24/7 live support is ideal, so you always know someone is available should you have a query.
- Are random giveaways run every day? Sweepstakes casinos are all about giving players more ways to enjoy their favorite games. Make sure that the casino you choose is all about keeping you entertained.
Sweepstakes Gambling on Mobile
Sweepstakes Gambling Explained – FAQs
How old must I be to play at sweepstakes casinos?
Depending on the state you live in, the rules regarding age may change. Generally, you need to be either 18 or 21 to play at sweepstakes casinos. Always check the terms and conditions before you create an account.
Can I win real money at sweepstakes casinos?
You can win on-site currency that can be exchanged for real money under the right conditions. You cannot win real money directly from the games you play at sweepstakes casinos.
Are sweepstakes casinos legal in the US?
Yes! You can legally play at sweepstakes casinos while residing in almost all states across the US.